Sparkler Hazards


Sparklers are the most dangerous fireworks in terms of accident statistics simply because they are underestimated. Sparklers which are considered to be the “safe firework” are the equivalent of holding a piece of molten metal within inches of your body, face and eyes.

Sparklers are capable of generating third degree burns since they can burn up to a temperature of 1,200 Degrees Fahrenheit (glass melts at 900 Degrees Fahrenheit). In addition, the sparks from sparklers can cause eye injuries and ignite clothing. The smoke generated from sparklers is unhealthy to breath as well. Therefore, leave the fireworks up to the professionals.

(Image below indicates a used, but still hot sparkler melting a PVC pipe)

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *